GOSPEL MESSAGE & RECORDING
Rev. Fr. Sujit Thomas
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
In this verse Our Lord Jesus Christ expresses a simple cause and effect.
<Come to Jesus> Then <will never go hungry>
<Believe in Jesus> Then <will never be thirsty>
Two ways of expressing the same thought.
1. Approach Him / Believe in Him
• “come to Jesus” moment
• To get closer to God means to trust in God
• Approach is a liturgical word – to come to chalice
• “Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God” (Psalm 43:4)
2. Effect is that Jesus will satisfy our basic spiritual needs
• Not physical, but spiritual
• They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. “He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water” (Isaiah 49:10)
• Problem in modern society is that we don’t feel this thirst or hunger